Parishioners interested in assisting with the Hurricane relief efforts are kindly asked to contact Fr Luke or Fr Peter to find out how the can help. The Community of Saint Paul's is currently involved with various relief effort projects and your continued support and assistance is greatly appreciated . Apart from the efforts of our community, parishioners can volunteer their time at various relief centers set up in our area
- Long Beach Recreation Center (Ice Rink Facility) 660 Magnolia Boulevard Long Beach, NY 11561. Tel : 516-301-0932. Volunteers are needed to assist with clothes,food, supply distribution and with the clean up effort. The Rec center opens in the morning (approximately 9:00-9:30am) and anyone interested in helping can go directly to the Rec center and sign in. You may call the center for more information. Please note the Long Beach Rec center is no longer accepting any donations as far as clothes, food and other supplies. Please call them before attempting to deliver or donate any items.
- MLK Center in Long Beach. 615 Riverside Boulevard Long Beach, NY 11561. Tel : (516) 889-6300. Volunteers are needed to assist with clothes,food, supply distribution and with the clean up effort. The MLK is still accepting donations of food and cleaning supplies. Please call the center to inquire about specific needs before delivering any items to the center. Furthermore volunteers can coordinate with the center to drive Long Beach residence who live in homes without hot water and power to the MLK center for a hot meal and a Hot shower. Volunteers are urged to visit the center in the morning and sign in. Please call the center if you have any questions.
- Island Park. Please contact the Village of Island Park 127 Long Beach Road Island Park, New York 11558. Tel : (516) 431-0600 or 703-805-5537 ext. 0215) . The main site for the relief effort is the Parking Lot of the LIRR ( Warwick Ave, Island Park NY (Cross Street - Long Beach Rd). Volunteers can also contact the Island Park Volunteer fire department : 703-805-5537 ext. 0216 or 0217 or through Facebook.
- Other Local Areas. Other local areas in need are Baldwin Harbor, Freeport and South Bellmore. Please contact the local Volunteer fire departments or search in Facebook for relief efforts and projects in those areas.
- Monetary Donations : Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund. Donations can be made to the relief fund as follows through the Cathedral of Saint Paul office oronline . Checks can also be mailed directly to:
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Attn: Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund
8 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075